Tosa Cares is an all volunteer organization which collects non-perishable food items, personal care items, clothing and school supplies for distribution to families in need.
Donated items and fresh foods, purchased using cash donations, are distributed at seven “Food Packs” each year. In addition, individual emergency food distributions are made available when needed.
Tosa Cares is supported by members of the community and through groups like the Suburban Woman’s Club of Wauwatosa, Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa, Wauwatosa School Key Clubs, boy and girl scout troops and several area churches.
Families who are in need of assistance have been referred to Tosa Cares by several sources in the community.
Tosa Cares is located in Wauwatosa and is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charity.
If You or Someone You Know Needs Help
Contact Linda at
(414) 258-0456 x410
What we have done this year...
November 22, 2014, we served 203 families, a record number! With generous donations from many community supporters, each family received a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. The day also saw a record number of volunteers, totaling 68.
- On January 7, 2015, we served 146 families and 48 volunteers helped with packing/distribution.
- On March 7, 2015, we distributed food to 143 families with the help of 53 volunteers. We thank Wauwatosa West High School Key Club members for their assistance.
- On April 21, 2015, Tosa Cares honors three community volunteers for their generous and exceptional service. Those who will be recognized at a reception are Don Boardman and Jim and Donna Zarek.
- On April 25, 2015, we distributed food to 165 families with the help of 56 volunteers. Our next distribution date is June 20, 2015.
- We are very pleased to announce that we are forging a great partnership this year with the Wauwatosa Village Business Improvement District (VBID). VBID plans to support Tosa Cares as part of its Village Cares promotion campaign, and its member merchants will accept non-perishable food donations on site for us. To learn more about VBID, please go to wauwatosavillage.org/village-cares.